I am officially OFF Betaseron!! HAPPY DANCE..woot, woot…Happy, Happy!!!
I just returned from my neuro appt and she has permanently taken me off Betaseron and put in my records that I am allergic to it in a bad way. She said I was the top patient of hers with the most adverse side effects. In fact she thinks I’m special! HA HA HA (yes, I am in many ways).
I went in determined to say what I wanted to say about medications. Guess what? She agrees that for now I don’t need to be on any medication but I will be monitored. She kept driving that home that I need to be monitored and if my MS starts showing up that we would talk about getting on a different medication. I’m okay with that actually. So, I go back in 3 months for a check-up, I increase my Vitamin D to 5000 a day, and an MRI in January.
I can’t wait for the following to go away again from the Betaseron still in my system:
- Eating everything in sight. My appetite increases ferociously on this.
- Muscle fatigue and nasty pain going away
- Swelling in my feet and hands go back to my normal swelling
- Heat intolerance going back to what was normal for me before all this.
- ENERGY to do things
- Fatigue going away. I went to bed at 7:30pm last night and that was struggling to stay awake. Ugh!
- Depression going bye-bye
- Stress surrounding all this going away